JOIN OUR TEAMDo you have unbridled enthusiasm for grammar, spelling, and punctuation? Are you meticulously detail oriented and deeply committed to the art of perfecting written content? Are you passionate about helping others to reach their fullest academic and career potential and make a positive difference in the community through their research?
Heartful Editor partners with campuses to provide web-based writing coaching and editing support to graduate and doctoral students. Heartful Editor’s team of caring and supportive academic coaches and editors strives to uphold the highest ethical standards in their work with students, blending ethics and compassion to build a responsible and productive editing and coaching experience.
We are looking for freelance academic coaches and editors with these skills and experiences to help us support graduate and doctoral students as they work toward the successful completion of their degrees:
- Extensive knowledge of academic writing and the thesis/dissertation writing process
- Exceptionally strong expertise in the mechanics of writing and technical proficiency in the standards outlined in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA, 6th Edition)
- Demonstrated commitment to student success, writing skill development, human growth and development, and culturally responsive and inclusive practices in education
- Earned doctorate in the social and behavioral sciences from an accredited institution of higher education
- Proficiency in web-based coaching for graduate and doctoral students
Academic coaches and editors need to be available to work a minimum of 250 hours per year (July 1st-June 30th) at $30.00 per hour. Total number of hours per week may vary based on demand.
If you are interested in joining the Heartful Editor team, we would love to learn more about you! Please submit a letter of interest and a resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete an editing and coaching exercise to demonstrate proficiency in APA style, and finalists will be contacted for an interview to be held via Zoom.
Application materials must be submitted no later than August 1, 2019 at 11:59pm PDT. Thank you!
Heartful Editor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, or other basis prohibited by federal or state law relating to discrimination in employment.
Learn more about OUR TEAM!